Mrs. Emem Laguda
Mrs. Emem Laguda has a diverse industry experience from the banking, information technology, and hospitality industries, which enriches her teaching of management particularly in the areas of organizational behavior, organizational psychology, and human resource management.
Mrs. Laguda also has a diverse academic background from the fields of chemistry, chemical engineering, business administration, and management. She holds a B.Sc. in Applied Chemistry from the University of Jos, M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Lagos, an MBA from Middlesex University, London, and an MPhil in Management from Lagos Business School, Pan-Atlantic University. She is presently in the final stages of her PhD in Management with the Lagos Business School.
Her research focus is in the areas of personality, leadership, and leader-member exchange, as well as relational demography, presenteeism, and job performance. She is a member of the Academy of Management (AOM) and Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) as well as an academic reviewer for the Academy of Management and European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
- Thomas, C. L., Laguda, E., Olufemi-Ayoola, F., Netzley, S., Yu, J., & Spitzmueller, C. (In Press). Linking Job Work Hours to Women’s Physical Health: The Role of Perceived Unfairness and Household Work Hours. Sex Roles.
- Ogunyemi, A. & Laguda, E. 2016. Ethics, workforce practices and sustainability by multinationals in Nigeria”, Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, 8(2), 158-181.
- Laguda, E., Ogunyemi, K. & Ohu, E. From Success to Significance: Transforming your job into a calling. In The Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Spirituality and Fulfillment.
- Ohu, E., Laguda, E., Ogunyemi, K. Mindfulness and Stress Reduction: Managing Workplace Stress. Accepted chapter proposal in The Palgrave Handbook of Workplace Spirituality and Fulfillment.
- Laguda, E., Roberts, Z., Olufemi-Ayoola, F., Spitzmueller, C., & Ahmad Kazmi, M. Does LMX Agreement Predict Performance? The Roles of Transactional and Transformational Leadership. Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) conference, April 27-19, 2017, Orland, USA.