History of PAU
- Lagos Business School (LBS) starts seminars in temporary premises in Victoria Island.
- The Chief Executive Programme of the LBS commences.
- The Advanced Management Programme (AMP), and the Senior Management Programme (SMP) of the LBS start.
- Prof. Albert Alos becomes the Director-General
- The building at Victoria Island is completed.
- Joint Executive MBA with IESE Business School begins.
- Owner Managers Programme (OMP) starts.
- Land for the Lekki Campus is allocated to LBS by Lagos State Government.
- Federal Government approves Pan-African University.
- The LBS becomes first school of the University.
- Executive MBA begins at LBS.
- Prof. Albert Alos becomes the first Vice-Chancellor of the University.
- Chief Olu Akinkugbe becomes the first Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council.
- Lekki Campus completed.
- LBS begins to offer full-time MBA.
- The Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) begins to offer services to SMEs.
- The Centre for Media and Communication is established at the Victoria Island Campus.
- LBS is ranked among the top business schools in the area of Executive Education by the Financial Times of London for the first time. It has maintained this ranking over the years.
- National Universities Commission (NUC) approves the establishment of the School of Media & Communication.
- Master of Science in Media & Communication starts.
- Dr. Christopher Kolade becomes the Pro-Chancellor of the University following the retirement of Chief Akinkugbe.
- Prof. Juan M. Elegido becomes the Vice-Chancellor of the University following the retirement of Prof. Alos.
- Infrastructure development at the Main Campus begins.
- Undergraduate programmes begin at the University’s main campus in Ibeju-Lekki. The first programmes were 4-year B.Sc. programmes in accounting, business administration and media & communication
- Infrastructural development completed at the Main Campus
- Building in Victoria Island closed down
- Mr. Pascal G. Dozie Appointed Pro-Chancellor following the retirement of Dr. Christopher Kolade
- New EDC building completed in Lekki Campus