Professor Juan M. Elegido
Prof. Elegido is the Vice-Chancellor of Pan-Atlantic University and a Professor of Business Ethics at the Lagos Business School, the graduate business school of the University.
He was born in Madrid (Spain) in 1952 and has a licenciate degree in Law from theUniversidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain) (1974) and a doctorate in Law from theUniversidad de Navarra (Spain) (1986). He was one of the foundation staff of the Lagos Business School in 1991
In the Lagos Business School he occupied successively the offices of Director of Programmes (1991-2000), Deputy Director General (2000-2002), Deputy Dean (2002 – 2005), and Dean (2005 – 2009). He has been a principal officer of Pan-Atlantic University since 2009 occupying the positions of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (June-Dec 2009) and Vice-Chancellor (2010-date)
Professor Elegido is the author of four books: Jurisprudence (1994), Fundamentals of Business Ethics (1996), Una Comunidad de Servicio – Ensayos en Etica de la Empresa (2000) and Business Ethics in the Christian Tradition (2003). He has also published numerous articles on Law and on Business Ethics in academic and professional journals including, among others,Business Ethics Quarterly, Journal of Business Ethics, African Journal of Business Ethics, Persona y Derecho, International Business Lawyer, Journal of African Law and British Tax Review.
Among other appointments and public service assignments, Professor Elegido has been:
- Resource Person to Vision 2010 Committee.
- Chairman, Human Capital and Quality of Life Workgroup, Nigerian Economic Summit.
- Member, Editorial Board of the African Journal of Business Ethics
- Member, Editorial Board of the Journal of Corporate Governance
- Director, Integrated Corporate Services Limited.
- Member, Governing Council of Institute for Industrial Technology, Lagos.
- Chairman, Governing Council of Niger Foundation Hospital, Enugu.
- Member, Governing Council of Pan-Atlantic University.
- Member, Governing Board of the Association of African Business Schools.
- Member, Academic Advisory Council of the Global Business School Network.
Professor Elegido is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria, a Fellow of the Society for Corporate Governance Nigeria and a member of the Business Ethics Network – Africa.